Saturday, July 3, 2021

THANKS STRANGER'S T-SHIRT!


Ack! Holiday weekends are challenging when you live near the beach. It's like hosting a completely different community for two or three days. I'm not complaining, I'm lucky to live where I do. And I do get a kick watching people experience the ocean on a rare visit or for the first time. Sincerely. No one can have that experience more than once, so it's nice to see at least that on a holiday weekend. The one thing bad about the crowds though is the omnipresent Bluetooth speakers or whatever the fuck they are. They're always pumping crap with Auto=Tune. Then there's the mega-woofers on wheels, the bass that you can hear two blocks away. I get it. I love bass, I really do. But you don't have to subject everyone in a two block radius. The capper, today's lowlight, was hearing "Freebird" blasting from the Noodle House of all places. A song high on my list of songs I would not miss. Today's silver lining: The one thing that cancels out all of the bad musical crap was seeing a guy at the beach with a Viceroys T-shirt. I came home and listened to the Viceroys and forgot all about Bluetooth speakers, Auto-Tune, loud woofers and fucking "Freebird".

The first two below are on Sly and Robbie's Taxi label. from 1980. Do listen to the version. It's not all that dub-like. Though it gets stripped and rebuilt, there's relatively few electronic gizmos firing.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Viceroys - Heart Made Of Stone mp3
at Marley Discography
Viceroys - Version mp3
at Marley Discography
Viceroys - Ya Ho (Full LP)
(streaming) at YouTube

No comments: