Tuesday, July 13, 2021

READY HEADPHONES. CHECK.


Oh, well, hell yeah. I was thinking of something completely different to post tonight, but then I ran into a Fela song that I'd never linked to. Whenever I think of Fela, I think of what the former boyfriend of a friend of mine said. He was the jazz buyer for Tower Records, so I figured he'd be the one to ask, so I asked. "What is a good Charlie Parker album to get?" (We all have to start somewhere, us jazz plebeians). He answered "There's no bad Charlie Parker." So I bought the cheapest compilation they had. I haven't listened to it a whole lot, but I have listened to Fela Kuti quite a bit. If someone asked me what Fela album to buy, I would have to answer "There's no bad Fela." Honestly, there may be, but if there is I sure haven't heard it. So here you go, a fifteen minute jam from the man. Extended sax soloing in the middle, with that grounding beat, like a pulse. This certainly is no bad Fela.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Fela Kuti - No Agreement mp3
at Rock Town Hall

No comments: