Monday, July 5, 2021

AND I'LL NEVER HEAR IT THE SAME WAY AGAIN.


Walking back from the beach tonight, I passed by the Noodle House and Ragland, two restaurants a block and a half away from where I live. They are the last possible danger zones in the musical mine field I traverse coming back from the beach. You might remember the Noodle House from a couple days ago when I was ragging about them blasting "Freebird". Today it was worse. The two restaurants were both blasting music. The Noodle House was blasting the Marshall Tucker Band and Ragland was blasting something with Auto-Tune. Hearing both at the same time as I was walking past was like a perfect storm of music I can't stand. Once I got home I remembered the reprieve I enjoyed yesterday. Among the nuts blasting fireworks in a crowded residential area was one nut to my liking. For whatever reason this guy, or gal, was driving down the street every fifteen minutes or so. Though I didn't see him, or her, I knew it was the same person because they were blasting the Champ's "Tequila" from their car, every mother loving time they drove by. Any other day it might have been slightly annoying, but under duress from the shitty music I heard all weekend, it was welcome, and comical, relief. Who the hell does that? Driving back and forth down the same street blasting a song as inane as "Tequila" over and over for what must have been thirty or forty minutes? They wore me out and I had to laugh. I've heard that song a thousand times but it was such a respite. Corny, ridiculous, and way too familiar, but objectively a great tight instrumental.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:
The Champs - Tequila mp3
at Rocky 52
The Champs - Midnighter mp3
at Rocky 52
Video:
The Champs - Tequila (live)
at YouTube TV appearance. The sax player is a totally crazed clapper towards the end.

No comments: