Sunday, May 10, 2020

THE ANTI-SNEAKERS LEAGUE

With all the crap that's been happening recently, it's easy to get bummed out. Yesterday, something occurred to me that helped put things in perspective. When I'm outside around the hood, there's a shitload of birds, particularly parrots, seagulls, crows, doves, finches, sparrows, humming birds, an occasional hawk of some sort and every once in a while a bluebird. Oh, and a little after the sun goes down three white owls go out on their sorties. With the lack of air traffic (I live in a flight path), the abundance of birds is easier to notice. They tweet, they chirp, and they squawk. They don't know anything about Covid, Trump, or that Little Richard, Tony Allen and Florian Schneider all died this week. Snails still crawl, trees still grow. It's not all about us humans. The rest of the living world is still cruising along. We're just fucking ants.

I decided a good ol' fashioned pick me up was in order and I chose the first song that came to mind, "Nice Day" by Persephone's Bees. Man, I totally forgot what a great song it is. It really hit the spot. It's epic well crafted pop.

It also occurred to me that today is Mother's Day. Nat King Cole's "Nature Boy" is the last song I saw my Mom get lost in, so it's down there too. It too puts things in perspective. Totally different types of music but both songs push the same buttons, for me anyway.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Persephone's Bees - Nice Day mp3 at Audio Drums
Nat King Cole - Nature Boy mp3
at Tumblr

No comments: