Saturday, May 2, 2020

AND SHE LOOKED COOL DOING IT

When it comes to Hammond B3, there are quite a few male organists that come to mind (do your "that's what she said" thing, we'll wait), but only one female. As far as I know anyway. But Shirley Scott is the one I know, and I dig the shit out of her. I just ran across a live video, which apparently is something that doesn't pop up that often. It's a good one despite the sound quality, but there's a couple of other songs down there as well. If your Hammond listening is restricted to the three Jimmys and Brother Jack McDuff, you'll dig these.




~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Shirley Scott - Messie Bessie mp3 at Saxosaurus
Shirley Scott - I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free mp3
at Internet Archive (?)

No comments: