Friday, October 4, 2019

KIM SHATTUCK ELEVATED

I just heard today that Kim Shattuck has died. I haven't looked for the details and I'm not going to pretend that I know much about her, only that she was in the Muffs and also in the Pandoras. It made me stop and think about the Muffs, and that I'd seen them at least a half a dozen times at the Casbah, usually there to see the opening band. But they were a reliable good time. That was back when the Casbah was the only "cool" live club, at least with me and my cronies. The thing I remember was that they seemed to act like one of the local bands, saying "hi" to friends, just kind of hanging out, not as if they had some adoring receiving line like some headliners. Of course, that's the impression I have thinking back about the Muffs years later. I could be remembering it all wrong and they were complete assholes. I guess I'll find out when I actually go look at obituaries. I'd rather hold this mood for a while.

Oh course, it's not all about me. There'd be more about her if I actually did some research or even just read an obituary. I just didn't feel like it this time.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Muffs - Lucky Guy mp3 at Tumblr
The Muffs - Funny Face mp3
at Tumblr
The Muffs - Get Me Out of Here mp3
at Tumblr

No comments: