Sunday, October 20, 2019

THIS COVER PAYED DIVIDENDS

I just ran into U Roy's "Runaway Girl". It was the first song on the first U Roy album I ever bought, Dread In A Babylon. The very first time I'd ever heard U Roy. I was about twenty years old and was sucked in by the photo on the cover. Excellent marketing. That was decades ago and it's been a favorite ever since. I've posted it before, but the old link is dead, so there's not an ounce of lazy guilt in this corner. The other song below, "Chalice In the Palace" is the second song on the Dread album. It's about smoking out with the Queen (chalice = bong). Yeah, baby.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
U Roy - Runaway Girl mp3 at Pixieradio
U Roy - Chalice In the Palace mp3
at Pixieradio

1 comment:

EraQQ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.