Thursday, October 3, 2019

DEEP COOL

You all know "Take Five". You had better. I forget the actual statistics but I think I've read that the album that it's on, Dave Brubeck Quartet's Time Out LP, is the first or second best selling jazz LP of all time, neck and neck with Mile Davis's Kind of Blue. Something like that. If you have heard only "Take Five", just grab your keys and get on down to the record store and pick up baby's first jazz record.



I didn't come here to rag. I just ran across "Blue Rondo à la Turk" and went back and checked the old link here. Dead. We can't have that. So here's a new link. And a link to a tour of his former home, a mid-century masterpiece. His kids left it as-is. Smart choice. Though, I'm not the kind of person who would feel comfortable living in that. I would just feel greedy. Too much. I guess I know too many homeless people to identify that home as anything but too much. What is it? "Live simply so that others may simply live"? Hippy shit? You bet it is, but there's some truth to it.

This just happened: I was getting ready to fix dinner (part 2) so I turned on the jazz station to hear something random. "Three to Get Ready" from Time Out was playing. Too weird.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Dave Brubeck - Blue Rondo à la Turk mp3 at Internet Archive
Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five mp3 at Time Goes By
Video:
Dave Brubeck Quartet - Blue Rondo à la Turk at YouTube The bass drum makes it.
Visit:
See Inside Jazz Great Dave Brubeck's Groovy Connecticut Home at Town and Country "Groovy"? This headline writer is at the wrong gig.

No comments: