Wednesday, September 5, 2018

RELIABLE CRUNCH

I'm not a completist anymore. Not of anyone or anything. Why? If there's an artist I like and they're prolific, and if I adjust my pace of consumption, there will always be something left to hear that I've never heard. What's the rush? If it goes out of print, I can usually find it again, if nothing else but a YouTube stream. I don't have a need to keep current with anyone, but I'll check every once in a while.

I was fixin' for some crunchy guitar. It's been a while since I checked in on good ol' reliable Jon Spencer. I checked the Blues Explosion page and it seems that the last thing he put out was last year. Didn't know about that one, but being a reformed completist, I am relieved of that sort of transgression. No matter, as stated above, there's plenty of Spencer's stuff I've yet to hear so I went dinking around and what is below is some of what I tracked down. One thing I did find is that some of his earlier out of print stuff with Pussy Galore is now available again, albeit digitally, on BandCamp. Good to know since I can't play my records in the car. Note to self: get Right Now and Dial M For Motherfucker before they disappear again.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Jon Spencer and the Elegant Trio - Here Come the Fuzz mp3 at ATumblr (?)
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Money Rock 'n' Roll mp3
at Review Stalker
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Dynamite Lover mp3
at Alexi Hobbs
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Get Your Pants Off mp3
at Vibe Right
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - She's On It/Jack the Ripper mp3
at Plain or Pan
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Live set, WFMU
at Internet Archive 12 songs

2 comments:

EG-Markus said...

In the famous words of Frank Zappa, 'Shut up and play yer guitar.' Spencer would be well served to follow that advice.

Tom G. said...

I'd have the tendency to agree, but I haven't read a word he's said in years.