Thursday, September 13, 2018

GOOD SHIT MAYNARD

A band called the Flaming Souls. I don't care what they look like, what their record covers look like, where they're from or anything at all about the band. I will click, on the merit of their band name. It got my attention, just as they had hoped for five decades ago. The click paid off. It is South African soul jazz. I don't really like the term soul jazz, but that's what, I guess, this stuff is. It is good stuff, just weird enough production to let you know what the budget was and were it wasn't recorded. Think Booker T, only stoned.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Flaming Souls - Souly Mama mp3 at Soul Safari
The Flaming Souls - Soul Again mp3
at Soul Safari
The Flaming Souls - Two more
at Soul Safari

No comments: