Saturday, April 2, 2022

LET'S DO A SONG ABOUT PANTS.


I was sifting through some links to funk stuff and was reminded that hot pants were a hot topic among funk people. Everybody knows James Brown's "Hot Pants", but there were others, many others. There's a handful below including two James Brown related acts, the J.B.'s and Bobby Byrd.

The image above has only the shorts in common, it sure  doesn't look too funky to me. As a matter of fact, it looks like sponge cake. My bet is that this was either a poster or a full page ad, it had the caption (before cropping) "Lee Leens hot pants" and in the corner the Lee jeans logo. I gotta say, it's kinda creepy. I think it's just the dude's attitude. I'm not sure how it would motivate a woman to buy hot pants. It seems to be implying that hot pants are a gateway to a three-some. That said, I bet a lot of guys went out and bought them for their "ol' ladies".  And one extra.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

No comments: