Wednesday, April 27, 2022

NOW WITH BONUS TAMBOURINE BASHING!


Oh hell yeah, I just ran into another Sugar Pie Desanto cut, Checker Records era. Spoiler alert: Once you hear the tambourine bashing you cannot un-hear it. (Good job, Basher.) The last four cuts below are others that were posted seven years ago, amazingly the links are still good. The image above is a favorite. I gotta say, it really makes me wish I was in the room. And it makes the Supremes look like cardboard stand-ups.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Sugar Pie Desanto - Go-Go Power mp3
at Internet Archive
Sugar Pie Desanto – A Little Taste Of Soul mp3 at Soul Garage
Sugar Pie Desanto – Strange Feeling mp3
at Soul Garage
Sugar Pie Desanto - Use What You Got mp3
at So Many Records So Little Time
Sugar Pie Desanto - Slip-In Mules mp3
at Beware of the Blog

4 comments:

GuessImDumb said...

As much as I love Sugar Pie - I think that's Fontella Bass on Lucky in Love.

Tom G. said...

You are correct. Sloppy on my part! Link removed.

guessimdumb said...

I've also been listening to a lot of Sugar Pie - here's the mother lode: https://archive.org/details/spd_20220205

Tom G. said...

Guess I'm Dumb,

Ha! I had that one bookmarked! Whoever it was ("Radio Free Crockett") that posted it, has posted a lot of stuff in the past. I had intended to post some from that one but decided to post some of those later.