Sunday, April 10, 2022

FUNKY FRIED CHICKEN DOG AND HOT GRITS


Rufus Thomas always reminds me of one of the loud boisterous laughs that you hear from the other end of the room at a party. The person always having a good time and seemingly everywhere. So it makes perfect sense that, in looking for something on Hi Records by Willie Mitchell, Rufus Thomas steals the show. I ran into a Thomas track that was supposedly from a Hi compilation, and seeing as how Thomas did pretty much all of his stuff at Stax, I thought I'd compare the sounds. A couple songs later, at present I'm about to drop into an offline Rufus Thomas rabbit hole. I should have known that he recorded for Hi.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

Listen:
Rufus Thomas - Fried Chicken mp3
at Internet Archive Hi Records
Rufus Thomas - Funky Chicken mp3 at Sunrise Music Stax

Rufus Thomas - Walking The Dog mp3 at The Ear Hole Stax
Rufus Thomas - Funky Hot Grits mp3
at The Ear Hole Stax

No comments: