Monday, January 31, 2022

MEANWHILE AT THE BELT BUCKLE PAGENT


Just cruisin' the old posts at Probe Is Turning-On the People and landed on one with three versions of "Ramblin' Rose", the original by Ted Taylor, a cover by Jerry Lee Lewis, and the version that most people know by the MC5. I'm posting them again because it's been three years since MC5 had an appearance here. Plus, as a reminder to dig through the old posts at sites you go to regularly because, dare I say it, poking through old posts is the new thrift store crate digging. Sad but true. But, hey, when the selector is Phil Milstein (aka the Probe) and there are over 600 posts dating back to 2006, there's ample shit to merit a dive.


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Ted Taylor - (Love Is Like a) Ramblin' Rose mp3
at Probe Is Turning-On the People
Jerry Lee Lewis - Ramblin' Rose mp3 at Probe Is Turning-On the People
MC5 - Ramblin' Rose mp3 at Probe Is Turning On the People
MC5 - Kick Out the Jams mp3
at The Helpless Dancer
MC5 - Tutti Frutti mp3
at Perrier Ville Ave
MC5 - The American Ruse mp3
at Kempa A few blips on this one, to discourage people who care about blips.

2 comments:

espege said...

Hey, Tom! Remember I once promised to send you a DVD copy of "A True Testimonial", the (as far as I know still unreleased) MC5 documentary from 2002?.. As a lot of my stuff was/is packed away, I just had to locate it. Well, a short while back it finally surfaced, so if you still haven't seen it I'd be glad to ship it to you. The address I have for you is your old one (think you mentioned changing flats some years ago?), so just shoot me an email – or maybe even easier; send a text message to (+47) 938 28 566 (...47 being the country code to Norway, and the rest my cellphone number).

e

Tom G. said...

Thanks for the offer e! I don't have a cell phone so I can't text. Both my addresses were the same except for the four digits, The current (correct) address is 1785 (the old one was 1781). Include your address so I can send you a little sumpin' sumpin'.

Thanks again e!