Friday, January 7, 2022

HORSEMOUTH'S FAULT


The other day I was thinking about what to post, then I thought about a grab bag of my favorite songs of different genres. Not single absolute favorites because there's too many to narrow it down. Like, say, if I were to pick from rockabilly, it didn't have to be my favorite rockabilly song of all time. It just had to be a no-brainer, essential. So, I'm going through genres in my head. I got to reggae, of which you know has different eras and sub-genres. That would be a tough one. So, I thought, okay, just anything in the reggae vein, be it ska, rocksteady, lovers rock, roots, DJ, dub or just plain reggae. Bang. "Marcus Garvey" by Burning Spear immediately came to mind. The problem was that I've posted it before, several times. Well, today I ran into a video of the drummer Leroy "Horsemouth" Wallace relating how he had a falling out with Spear. It reminded me of the song again. So, fuggit, here's "Marcus Garvey" for the umpteenth time. You Burning Spear freaks that already know "Marcus Garvey" like the back of your hand will dig the Wallace thing. It's kinda gossipy, like TMZ Jamaica style. At least now I know what it was like to tussle with Burning Spear.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

Listen:
Burning Spear - Marcus Garvey mp3 at Passion of the Weiss
Burning Spear - Red, Gold and Green mp3
at Passion of the Weiss
Burning Spear - Marcus Garvey (Full LP, streaming) at YouTube
Burning Spear - Garvey's Ghost
(Dub version, full LP, streaming) at YouTube
Video:
Leroy 'Horsemouth' [Wallace] Shares The Real Reason Burning Spear Stopped Using Him As His Drummer Pt.4 at YouTube

No comments: