Wednesday, May 8, 2019

THE MISSING LINK

Here's a couple oddballs of interest, if only to a certain breed of fiend. If you know Link Wray and Kip Tyler then, yeah, you'll dig these. Maybe only as oddities, from some weird annex in their discographies. They still happen. Strange Link Wray sightings. Wray is the guitar player on the Moon Men's "Some Kinda Nut" and I only caught it by the writing credit. "Wray, Sr." His dad wrote it. That's some proto-Murray Wilson shit right there. But there's no mistaking who's playing. It is classic Wray. I did find some info at Discogs that backed up my suspicions. The other one down there would have flown right past me had I not stopped and read the tiny text. The label credits "Jimmy O'Neill with Kipper and the Exciters", the text below says "great piece of Kip Tyler craziness!", so my guess is that Tyler is Kipper. The music is good and raucous. Unfortunately it's marred by Jimmy O'Neill, whom I'd bet dollars for donuts is a radio DJ. The lyrics are corny. Crappy. But Tyler and his damn Exciters make a nice racket.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Moon Men - Some Kinda Nut mp3 at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban
Jimmy O'Neill with Kipper and the Exciters - Twistin' Train mp3
at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban

No comments: