Monday, May 6, 2019

STEP IN WOLF SHIT

Here's a tip for you. If you run across a song here that you dig enough to download, don't put it off. Case in point: "Sookie Sookie" by Steppenwolf. I've posted it a bunch of times, and I've posted other covers of it (the original is by Don Covay). I wanted to hear it and my record is buried somewhere so I figured that I'd just listen to it via a link here. Wouldn't you just know it, every damn link to "Sookie Sookie", by Steppenwolf and all the others, dead. Ain't no thing to me, because I have the record. But you, should you like it, will have to dig elsewhere. And you should because Steppenwolf's version is where rock meets Booket T and the MGs. That's what it sounds like, like someone fed Cropper acid and told Booker T to make like Jon Lord with the Leslie.

 
Dig the video above. Performing on the short lived Playboy After Dark series. The performance itself is good and you're in the thick of it, then a quick segment of a baddass drummer at 1:35. At the 1:53 mark, someone flicks the freak switch on. Dancers go from bad, ill informed and exaggerated to just plain fucking weird.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Steppenwolf - Sookie Sookie (streaming) at YouTube
Steppenwolf - The Pusher mp3
at Omalley's Cycle Shed (?)
Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride mp3
at The Riddell Family (?)
Steppenwolf - Born to Be Wild mp3
at TSM Promusician (?)

No comments: