Monday, April 8, 2019

THIRTEEN YEARS BEFORE METAL MACHINE MUSIC

I wasn't looking for this, but that's usually how it starts. After my brother, Snail, commented on a post a couple days ago, I started thinking about all of the records that he brought home to the boys room. The early, and I mean early (age 10-13), stellar choices he made were often dead on. He was the first to bring home Bill Haley, Eddie Cochran, Black Sabbath, and the Who. B-lister choices were good too. Cactus, Jo Jo Gunne, Status Quo, stuff like that. And the garage sale finds? The Fabulous Wailers, Bud Shank's soundtrack to the surf movie Barefoot Adventure, and Screamin' Lord Sutch, heavy friends and all. So I was all set on doing some sort of "Snail Gold" post. I thought I'd try looking for Screamin' Lord Sutch and just get the nut cases out of the way ASAP. Detour! While looking for Sutch shit I ended up running across a pre-Velvets Lou Reed cut from 1962, a demo unreleased until 2000.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Lou Reed - Your Love mp3 at A Terrible Blogger Is Born
Visit:
Lou Reed- All Tomorrows Dance Parties at Norton Buy it tightwad.

1 comment:

EG-Markus said...

Wow! That's fantastic.