Monday, April 22, 2019

THE TREEHUGGER SUPER HIT

There was a Motown 60th anniversary special on last night. I don't normally watch that sort of thing because they're usually just corny fluff. What the hell, I let it roll. I gotta say, in the short amount of time I was watching there were moments. John Legend did Marvin Gaye's "Mercy, Mercy Me (The Ecology)" and it was very faithful to the original, same arrangement, full band with all accoutrements and so on. Then I realized that it was a timely choice being the eve of Earth Day. Okay, so today's Earth Day. A no brainer is in order.

Gaye's original is down there along with an oddball cover I came across by Eddie Vedder with the backing of the Strokes and it's actually a decent take. A few other things down there because what the fuck. "What's Going On" is godhead.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Marvin Gaye - Mercy, Mercy Me (The Ecology) mp3 at Michael Axx (?)
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On mp3
at Muzik World
Marvin Gaye - Got to Give It Up mp3
at ATumblr (?)

Marvin Gaye - Can I Get A Witness mp3 at ATumblr (?)
Eddie Vedder with the Strokes - Mercy, Mercy Me (The Ecology) mp3
at ATumblr (?)
Rolling Stones - Can I Get A Witness
(streaming) at YouTube

No comments: