Thursday, January 10, 2019

GO THERE. I DON'T CARE.

Aquarium Drunkard recently posted a Velvet Underground show from January 10, 1969. Exactly fifty years ago today. Man, the shit just keeps coming. Amazing that there's still stuff popping up all these years later. So, I went looking for some more VU meat and found a handful of different mixes from a pre-release acetate of the first LP. Posted here some time back, a little scratchy, but it you're a VU fiend probably no more scratchy then your worn out copy of the first LP, plus it's different mixes. All of this is probably only of interest to someone who's into the Velvets. Fuck it, I'm not going to rationalize things. I'm going to go listen to some alternate versions I've heard a dozen times, of songs that I've heard a hundred times.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Velvet Underground :: The Boston Tea Party – January 10, 1969 at Aquarium Drunkard Live set, 12 songs
Velvet Underground - Acetates at Beware of the Blog Rough mixes of songs from the first LP
Velvet Underground - Rock & Roll (demo) mp3 at Review Stalker
Velvet Underground - Guess I'm Falling In Love (live) mp3 at Ernie Film The guitars on this one rule, near perfect amount of slop, licks and chunka.

No comments: