Thursday, January 17, 2019

2786? LIAR.

The first time I heard "Hey Ladies" by the Beastie Boys, my opinion of them when up a notch. It was because they name-dropped Sadaharu Oh. "I got more hits than Sadaharu Oh." Okay, so it's not poetry, but it's baseball. Japanese baseball. As a hitter, Oh fucking dominated, some of his stats up with the best ever. Over 868 career home runs. Even casually name-dropping him in an era when young people couldn't give a shit, that's brownie points right there. Shit like that, and their old Grand Royal magazine, are why I'm dying to read their recent book, but shit, even at the online mega-dealers it's something like thirty bucks. That's coffee table stuff. Shine that, I'll wait.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:
Visit:
Old Beastie Boys posts Some of the links are still good.

No comments: