Saturday, June 6, 2015

GIVE IT UP

There's a certain kind of fiend that likes punk rock, hip hop, reggae, jazz, rock, funk, soul all sorts of other music. Stuff that is disparate but somehow goes well together. These people I consider my musical friends. They're the type of people I like to listen to records with. They could be in a shitty band, but we could still share something. So, irregardless of their music, I've always had a soft spot for the Beastie Boys. They're that type of fiend. The fact that I like much of their recorded work is just icing on the like minded cake. If you haven't listened to much of their stuff, you might think that they were dependent on samples and shouting bratty rhymes. Yee gads, is that a generalization. Here's three from their all instrumental LP The Mix Up. Between the three you'll hear all sorts of stuff seeping in. Booker T, Krautrock, and the J.B.s in just one of the songs. Damn, I miss the Beastie Boys. They always seemed to keep things interesting.

 

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Beastie Boys - B Is For My Name mp3 at Roots and Culture
Beastie Boys - 14th St. Break mp3
at Roots and Culture
Beastie Boys - The Melee mp3
at Roots and Culture

No comments: