Saturday, June 13, 2015

GET YOUR SHADE ON

It was a what the hell type hunch. I figured I'd take a gamble and hunt on an mp3 search engine for any Cramps song, ignore the song and go to the hosting blog or site and see what the hell was up. That's how I ran across You Better Shut Up and Listen. You tell me; the first post I saw there was a lengthy interview with Reverend Beat-Man. Locked in now, right? Reading snippets of the interview, you run across this exchange: after discussing different variants of Beat-Man's taste, including industrial, the interviewer asks "What made you want to play rock n roll as opposed to any other sort of music?" Reverend Beat-Man answers, "It was the chicks. Rock n’ roll chicks are the best." A true man of the cloth.

So, yeah, I ain't goin' nowhere. I decided to look for the first band I hadn't heard, and check them out. I mean, this guy was two for two, with the Cramps and Beat-Man. How could you go wrong, right? The first band I landed on was the Lamps, A worthy racket, self consciously crude maybe, but dig the guitar and drum sound on "Rototiller". Could go either way, which is why I don't care to read anything about them. I want to give them a fighting chance.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Lamps - Rottotiller mp3 at You Better Shut Up and Listen
The Cramps - You Got Good Taste mp3 at You Better Shut Up and Listen
Lamps - Anvil mp3
at Dusted

No comments: