Thursday, June 4, 2015

IT'S WHAT THE HELL NIGHT

I'd seen Robert Mitchum in movies and always kind of thought of him as sufficiently baddass. That vague impression was fortified when I saw the rather infamous photo of him at Cannes in the fifties, with some topless babe hanging on him. "Man, dude must have been something else." That's what I though when I first saw it. Then a few years ago, I ran across the album cover above somewhere online. The title, "Calypso - is like so..." was corny, but he still had that sort of bachelor man of the world look.

Last night I finally heard a couple cuts for the first time. While the songs are good and the music is good, his vocals on these border on complete crap. Far wimpier than you would imagine. But no matter which Mitchum is the real Mitchum, either way it makes his acting skills all the more impressive. Whatever.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Robert Mitchum - I Learn a Merenge Mama mp3 at Now Hear This
Robert Mitchum - They Dance All Night mp3
at Now Hear This

No comments: