Thursday, June 7, 2012

SO THAT'S WHERE YOU WENT


Little Walter

As you've probably surmised, a lot of music blogs get monitored here at HQ. Our crack research team is devoted to bringing you the best that they have the patience to find for your daily dose of "what the hell." Some blogs are visited regularly, and they can be found in the left column of this page under "Get Lost." Others may be on the cusp of a heads up, but are put on the waiting list because I get an uneasy feeling linking to any blog that may expose you to the Doobie Brothers, Jimmy Buffet, or Social Distortion. Others are just about to be added, and then just stop posting. That's a bummer, because by then, I'm hooked. I used to swing by Dr Mooney's 115th Dream occasionally, because the stuff they (or he, or she) posted, most of it anyway, was choice. And then, poof, no further updates. That was about a year and a half ago. Then, just a couple weeks ago, I found myself landing repeatedly on another blog, The Slow Drag. After a few visits, I noticed the Blue Ridge Rangers song, "Workin' on a Building," and that's a song I'd only come across on a blog once, at Dr. Mooney's. After poking around I realized that The Slow Drag is the newer blog by this Dr. Mooney guy (or gal). Oh yeah, the writing's good too. Informed, I like that. So, I'll now begin to egg you in his (or her) direction. This may be a regular thing. Or, you could just bookmark it, and save yourself a click. Here's a sampling, the first two are what got me riled tonight.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Magic Sam - 21 Days in Jail mp3 (via Box.net) at The Slow Drag Once at Box.net, look for the blue 'download" button in the top right corner.
Little Walter - Temperature mp3 (via Box.net) at The Slow Drag
Hanni El Khatib - Come Alive mp3 (via Box.net) at The Slow Drag
Richard Hell and the Voidoids - Blank Generation mp3 (via Box.net) at The Slow Drag

No comments: