Monday, June 4, 2012

YOU'RE BLOCKING THE JUKEBOX


There are approximately four of you who dig this type of music; the type of stuff that you might have heard in a strip bar, oh, I don't know, about fifty years ago. Obviously, I wasn't there, and I've never really frequented those types of places in any era. That might be why this music appeals to me. I imagine a bunch of flat tops, wing tips, cigars, and Hamms on draft. It's funny, I don't really even imagine the bumping and grinding all that much. Lest I over analyze why I like these, I'll cut to the chase. Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban's J.R.Williams has posted a few of these mixes in the past few months, and Kogar the Swinging Ape posts single songs on Tassel Twirler Tuesdays. It's not my intention to force this stuff on anyone. I just know that I like this type of instrumental, and I'd be remiss if I didn't alert the four of you who do as well. Jesus, I smell cheap aftershave and stale beer just reading the song titles.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Ozarks - Who Stole My Bird Dog? mp3 at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban
Terry and the Topics - Where's My Pussycat? mp3 at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban
Eddie Atwood and the Goodies - Hot Saki mp3 at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban
Woody and Dave - Shut-Ups mp3 at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban
The Knight Beats - Dirty Rooster mp3 at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban
The Wildtones - Sick Chick mp3 at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban
The latest mix:
Way Out Shakers at Rock 'n' Soul Ichiban - 33 song mix, go there to get.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Five. You forgot me.