Monday, November 21, 2011

ONE SONG CYNIC BUSTER SPECIAL


The first record I ever bought, that I ever owned, that I ever played incessantly, was a 45, the Dave Clark Five's "At The Scene." I bought it at a parking lot sale for ten cents. I had no idea who they were, but it was my record and that wasn't going to stop me from playing it over and over. There was a line in it that says "where the music play-ay-ay-ay-ays, 'til way past two!" I had absolutely no clue what that meant. I was all of ten years old. I do remember liking the line "there's no need to be fancy, no one there will stare, dress in all the things you usually do, there's no need to care." I would, in fact, take it to heart by the time I was cognizant of what happens after two.



I'm not entirely nuts about the Dave Clark Five, but just for the hell of it I tried to find an mp3 of "At The Scene," alas to no avail. (There is a streaming YouTube version below for the curious). I did find one song of theirs from a couple years later, "Concentration Baby," which is a bit of an anomaly. Why? Two related reasons: one is that it's got some pretty good fuzz (I tell ya, Davie Allan's posse just keeps getting bigger) and, because it's got fuzz, I really like it. You might too. (Even if you, like me, think they were tools. The videos seem to reinforce that opinion.)

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Dave Clark Five - Concentration Baby mp3 at Beware of the Blog
The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over mp3 at SMU
The Dave Clark Five - At The Scene (streaming) at YouTube
Video:
The Dave Clark Five - Bits and Pieces at YouTube Hokey alert

No comments: