Wednesday, November 30, 2011

HERE'S YOUR HILLBILLY FIX


When it comes to hillbilly music, Webb Pierce is as good as any. That is not to say he's not good, in fact that's saying the very opposite. As good as any, in terms of hillbilly music, is a complement. By virtue of the fact it's hillbilly music in the first place makes it red hot, and entirely listenable. Of course, I've heard comparatively little, so I'm totally unqualified to make a sweeping critique like that, but I'm just callin' 'em like I see 'em. And I see red hot, and entirely listenable. It fills a hole that nothing else really can. We can start with Webb Pierce. He's as red hot and entirely listenable as any.



I should've known, as soon as I saw the clip above and started to poke around online, that two places I'd find Webb Pierce stuff would be the Hound Blog, and Rocky-52, both red hot, and entirely visitable sites. If you're a regular, you know that I hold them both in high regard. So, I'll just defer to them on this whole Webb Pierce red hot certification nonsense. If they like him, I know enough to listen.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Webb Pierce - Teenage Boogie (alt. take) mp3 at The Hound Blog
Webb Pierce - In the Jailhouse Now mp3 at Rocky-52.net
Webb Pierce & Red Sovine - Why Baby Why mp3 at Rocky-52.net
Webb Pierce - There Stands the Glass mp3 at Rocky-52.net
Webb Pierce & Red Sovine - Little Rosa mp3 at The Hound Blog
T Rex - I Love To Boogie mp3 at The Hound Blog Tribute, or epic fail?
Mixes:
Hayseed Paydirt,
past post with links to ten Rockin' Hillbilly mixes
Video:
Webb Pierce - Here Stands the Glass at YouTube
Webb Pierce & Red Sovine - In the Jailhouse Now at YouTube
Visit:
Webb Pierce at Wikipedia
Webb Pierce post at The Hound Blog
Rocky-52.net

No comments: