Tuesday, December 19, 2023

ALGORITHIM AS SELECTOR


These guys have been around for a couple years and I had to be hepped by a goddamn sidebar. I hate when that happens but it really doesn't bother me as much these days. There's just too much stuff out there to keep track of everything. These guys though, whoa, from what little I've seen, they got a good sound going. I haven't done a deep dig yet. This I do know, LA LOM stands for "Los Angeles League of Musicians", so generic they might as well be called "Los Angeles Band". Started as a trio (which I guess constitutes a league), but some videos have as many as five members (adding pedal steel and Latin percussion on some). I haven't come across a full bio yet and there's little info on their site, but this description pretty much nails it: "They blend the sounds of Cumbia Sonidera, 60’s soul ballads and classic romantic boleros that emanate from radios, backyard parties and dance clubs of Los Angeles with the twang of Peruvian Chicha and Bakersfield Country." As odd as that combination sounds, all the ingredients point directly up my alley.


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Watch:
LA LOM - Their YouTube channel with a bunch of videos
Visit:
LA LOM - Official site
LA LOM - Online store
Two 45s! (They're pricey though.)

1 comment:

SpringChicken said...

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 Fuego!! Me gusto mucho! This just song and band just found their way into my Latin gigs! 💃