Monday, August 21, 2023

THE DAY THE WORLD TURNED DAYGLO (SORT OF)

It's been a few. Unusual happenings the past few days. The big bad Hurricane Hilary was on it's way. It was supposed to plow right through the neighborhood. Everybody was scrambling around on Saturday, trying to get a weekends worth of errands done in one day. And they had to find sandbags. I finished my shit in mid-afternoon, went for a swim. It was getting close to sunset so I went out to the alley to have a smoke and read a few pages. Hung a right past the laundry room and looked to the west. Ho-ly fuck. The sky was fluorescent, incredibly colored from bright pink to neon orange. I walked to the end of the street which is a dead end on a bluff above some tide pools. I was about two blocks south of where the photo above was taken (detail of a photo by Randy Dibble), but my view was unobstructed. With my jaw hanging open, I ran into several neighbors who did the same thing, caught a glimpse and dropped everything to check it out. I love living here.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
X Ray Spex - The Day the World Turned Dayglo mp3 at Tumblr Original
The Cripples - The Day the World Turned Dayglo mp3 at Xtrmntr Cover

No comments: