Saturday, August 12, 2023

FRESHMEN TAKE NOTE


A member of It's A Beautiful Day died a few days ago, I saw it in a news feed. I don't like It's a Beautiful Day, but it reminded me that they had a song called "Don and Dewey" that I always used to run into when I was looking for music by, yep, Don and Dewey. I'm not sure why they did a song about Don and Dewey (or at least titled as such), I just know it got in my way when searching for something more crucial. So, fuck It's A Beautiful Day, here's some Don and Dewey.


Don and Dewey were a criminally overlooked early rock 'n' roll duo. You locals here know I'm crazy about them. I have to thank for that a slightly older couple, semi-friends who played a Don and Dewey record at a house party when I was roughly twenty three years old. The next day I bought the compilation seen above. Tower Records actually had it. The record has been in constant rotation here for decades. For those of you not familiar with them, consider it a second tier essential, meaning that once you digest the big name early rockers (Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, Bo Diddley, Little Richard, et al) they should inhabit your playlist. Know them you creeps.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Don and Dewey - Justine mp3
at Rocky 52
Don and Dewey - Jungle Hop mp3
at Rocky 52
Don and Dewey - Farmer John mp3
at Rock Town Hall
Don and Dewey - Miss Sue mp3
at Rocky 52
Don and Dewey - Just a Little Lovin' mp3
at Rocky 52
Don and Dewey - Jelly Bean mp3
at Internet Archive Burned from a 78

No comments: