Monday, August 28, 2023

WELCOME TO THE WEIRDOHOOD


So, Eileen, the woman with the Stooges T-shirt that lived across the alley from me, moved out. A couple weeks later I see a car parked in her old parking place with a Gang Green sticker on it.  A couple days later, the guy who inherited her parking spot, owner of the car with te Gang Green sticker was getting in his car. "Gang Green, eh?" I said. We were off and running. It turned out the guy was into 80s punk, hence the sticker. So, to get an idea of how deep his tastes were, I mentioned the Stooges. He passed that test. In ensuing conversations I sorta mentioned how deep the punk well was. (Stooges is level two shit.) I told him I'd burn a thumb drive for him (no turntable, no CD player, just streaming gizmos and a cassette deck in his car). I would have offered a cassette mix but that would entail pulling out a cassette from the back of the hall closet. I knew I'd never make the effort, so why bullshit myself? That said I told him if I ran across any old mixes that I still had, they'd be his. All of this is just to say that the Weirdos songs below are for him. Please note: RIP Dix Denny. Long live all Weirdos.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Weirdos - Destroy All Music mp3 at Killed By Death
The Weirdos - Life of Crime mp3 at Killed By Death
The Weirdos - Why Do You Exist mp3 at Killed By Death
The Weirdos - We Got The Neutron Bomb mp3 at Killed By Death
The Weirdos - Solitary Confinement mp3 at Killed By Death
Video:
The Weirdos - I'm Not Like You (live) at YouTube Los Angeles 1978
The Weirdos - Destroy all Music, A Life of Crime, Hitman, Idle Life (live)
at YouTube San Francisco  1978

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, thanks for this.
- Ian (gang green sticker owner)