Thursday, August 24, 2023

FORMATIVE YEARS ROCK


I wasn't looking for this because I didn't know it existed. A live broadcast of an Avengers show from 1979. If I don't post it now, I'll forget. The Avengers were one of the early San Francisco punk bands from 1977. Blah, blah, blah. There's three songs down there from their first EP from '77. The live thing is from two years later and is kind of sloppy but, having been recorded for a radio broadcast, the sound quality is better than a bootleg. What the hell. Years ago I would have killed for a thirty minute set by the Avengers, but these days, well, shit I've listened to Avengers a lot over the years. Might as well be "Johnny B. Goode" at this point. Still, this goes out to my twenty year old self.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Avengers - We Are The One mp3
at Killed By Death
The Avengers - I Believe In Me mp3
at Killed By Death
The Avengers - Car Crash mp3
at Killed By Death
The Avengers – In Concert at Old Waldorf, San Francisco – June 13, 1979 – KALX-FM broadcast mp3
at Past Daily

No comments: