Wednesday, June 14, 2023

CLARK SANTEE. ME NEITHER.


I'm not sure how I spotted my first Clark Santee video. (That's him above at a young age, when he was with the U.S. Army Signal Corp making training films.) I didn't set out to go looking at a producer/director guy who was behind the camera, but there he was at YouTube. I got sucked in by music clips from The Show, a series he was behind in 1970 airing on the two year old PBS network. It lasted 26 weeks and was aimed at teens and young adults. I never heard of it so, ho-ly shit, talk about a rabbit hole. I became fixated after seeing Amboy Dukes (shittard Ted Nugent's early band) and Bill Haley and the Comets performing on the same set! Bill Haley? In 1970?!? That part was surreal, especially juxtaposed with Sr. Shittard.


What really sucked me in was the quality of the footage. For example, the video above of Mountain. This is the best quality footage I've ever seen of them, and it's live in the studio. These are just a couple things of interest. All the compilations of The Show clips have several worthwhile performers. Rock, folk, soul, singer songwriter stuff; you name it. The rabbit hole is the Clark Santee channel at YouTube. Check his CV at IMDB. He was also behind Austin City Limits among many other things.

NOTE: When browsing his work at YouTube, click "more" at the end of the descriptions for artists, song lists and other additional info.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Watch:
Clark Santee Video Production
s at YouTube
Visit:
Clark Santee bio
at Internet Movie Database

No comments: