Sunday, March 26, 2023

UH, BLAME THE SKY.


I heard Al Green in my car yesterday, on the radio. It was followed by Marvin Gaye. It was a good drive. When I got home I put on some Al Green. After a few songs I was headed out to the alley to have a smoke and read a few pages.  When I opened the door and looked toward the ocean, the sun had just set and the sky had that blue fade and high up at the darkest part a crescent moon, just below it a star. With Green singing as I took it in, it was one of those moments when the music matched what was happening in feel, not necessarily lyrically. More like a soundtrack. There's so much to choose from with Al Green. You've heard the hits so here's a handful of covers. It's great  hearing how he reworks them.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:
Al Green - I Want To Hold Your Hand mp3
at Internet Archive
Al Green - The Letter mp3
at Internet Archive
Al Green - I Can't Get Next To You mp3
at Internet Archive

No comments: