Wednesday, March 29, 2023

AMOS MILBURN SHREDDING


A quick one tonight. Long story short: I've been under stress lately at the day gig and just got out from under the source of it. So I'm exhaling, taking it easy tonight. I've been listening to old rhythm and blues since I got home, so I'm roping you in. First some Amos Milburn and when I finish with that, a re-watching of Rhythm & Blues Revue, a 1955 flick with some heavy hitters. Lionel Hampton, Big Joe Turner, Amos Milburn, The Larks, Sarah Vaughan, Count Basie, Nat King Cole, Cab Calloway, Ruth Brown and others. That'll keep me out of your hair for a while. Here's the movie (71 minutes):


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Amos Milburn - Birmingham Bounce mp3 at Rocky 52 1950
Amos Milburn - Rock, Rock, Rock mp3 at Rocky 52 1952
Amos Milburn - One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer mp3 at Rubber City Review 1953
Amos Milburn - One, Two, Three Everybody mp3 at Rocky 52 1954
Amos Milburn - Chicken Shack Boogie mp3 at Rubber City Review 1956

No comments: