Wednesday, March 8, 2023

IN-STRA-MEN-TOLLS


This happens more often than you would expect. I saw a photo of Freddie King and thought "I need to hear 'San-Ho-Zay' again". Then, just minutes ago, I ran into some Freddie King's stuff including, yep, "San-Ho-Zay".

So, without blabbing further, here's a few by King, including "Hideaway" that was covered by John Mayall's Clapton-era Bluesbreakers in 1966. On last thing I gotta add: I love King's way of dealing with songs that he either can't spell or can't remember how to pronounce. To wit, San Jose (a city in California) becomes "San-Ho-Zay", and "sensation" becomes "Sen-Sa-Shun". I guess it beats "Untitled Instrumental".

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Freddy King - The Stumble mp3
at Internet Archive
Freddy King - San-Ho-Zay mp3
at Internet Archive
Freddy King - Sen-Sa-Shun mp3
at Internet Archive
Freddy King - Untitled Instrumental mp3
at Internet Archive
Freddy King - Hideaway mp3
at Internet Archive
John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers - Hideaway mp3
at Internet Archive

No comments: