Tuesday, March 21, 2023

MUSIC FOR SPRING BREAKERS


I was going to post the Legendary Stardust Cowboy so I had to check to see how long it had been since I've posted his stuff. There's a lot of guys like him that I post every few years so they don't get forgotten, whether they're alive or dead. I want to make sure the younger generations know who he is. They can cruise through their twenties not knowing who the fuck Paul McCartney is but, goddamn it, they better know the Ledge.



When I was checking the old posts I was surprised that I really didn't repeat myself over the course of them and was considering cut and pasting them into one long post. Alas, I'm too damn lazy. You can just go to the old posts, right? It's worth it. Between the two below you can read about Bowie borrowing "Stardust" for his Ziggy Stardust persona and years later covering one of his songs. Oh, and the story about the Ledge leaving two messages on my answering machine (serious). Here's just a couple early cuts. "Paralyzed" is like his "Johnny B. Goode", that's what put him on the map. Oh yeah, T-Bone Burnett played drums on it. I'm cutting out before I really run off at the mouth.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:
The Legendary Stardust Cowboy - Paralyzed mp3
at Beware of the Blog
The Legendary Stardust Cowboy - Who's Knocking At My Door mp3
at Beware of the Blog
More at the earlier posts:
What Becomes a Legend Most?
2014
The King of Pop is Alive
2009

No comments: