Friday, February 10, 2023

SHIT WEEK WAS CANCELED.


You've probably heard that Burt Bacharach passed away. That would be reason enough to start off another Shit Week. That was negated in these parts with the news that Celia Cruz is slated to appear on a U.S. minted quarter (a twenty five sent piece). Holy shit! A Cuban (exile) salsa singer (the first Afro-Latina!) on a coin. Small consolation I know but I gotta say that when I heard that within minutes of hearing about Bacharach it was as if she canceled Shit Week from beyond. I'm looking forward to having some azucar in my pocket. Bacharach will be covered later, most likely with some of Isaac Hayes's interpretations which are still my favorite.


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Celia Cruz - Yo Vivre (I Will Survive) mp3 at Clones Project
Celia Cruz - Mi Cuba mp3 at Baby In Vaggio
Celia Cruz - Cuba Libre mp3
at Tumblr
Celia Cruz - Guantanamera mp3
at Tumblr
Celia Cruz - Sopita en Botella mp3
at Computer Whiz Guru
Celia Cruz with Fania All-Stars - Cuando Despiertes mp3 at Internet Archive
Celia Cruz with Johnny Pacheco - Quimbara mp3
at Internet Archive

No comments: