Thursday, December 29, 2022

WENT FOR MR. BEAR, STAYED FOR THE HOUND.


Well shit, sometimes you reach a dead end. Revisiting a compilation that I'd pulled songs from for a Mickey Baker post, I relistened to a couple songs by a Mr. Bear and got to wondering. Who the fuck is this Mr. Bear that I've never heard of? I went looking. Couldn't find much at all. Even Discogs only listed two 45s. After stating "Of the other artists, there's little to say as I don't know much!", the liner notes of the compilation just say that his real name is Teddy McRae and that the songs came after a duet with Champion Jack Dupree for King Records. Then I went to The Hound Blog because he has extensive histories of a lot or real obscure rhythm and blues performers. Squat. You can dig further if you want. I'm going to resume browsing at The Hound. I forgot how great that site is. Yeah, yeah, the music links there don't work, but you can bet the songs are on YouTube. Regardless, his posts are so well researched and full of factoids, you get sucked in.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Mr. Bear - Peek-A-Boo mp3
at Internet Archive
Mr. Bear - Radar mp3
at Internet Archive
Mr. Bear - Mr. Bear Comes To Town mp3
at Internet Archive
Mr. Bear - How Come? mp3 at Internet Archive
Mr. Bear - The Bear Hug mp3
at Internet Archive
Visit:
The Hound Blog
Dig through the old posts.

No comments: