Thursday, December 15, 2022

CHILLIN' WITH (BLANK), COULDA HAPPENED.


Years ago when I was in my twenties I was traveling in Europe and met an ex-roommate of Chris Bailey's. Bailey, at the time, was the lead singer of the Saints, a punk band from Australia. (I loved the Saints.) Harriet, the ex-roommate was a music geek and really sweet. We were only in the same city (Florence) for a few days, and managed to talk a lot, right off the bat. Anyway, I've always associated her with Bailey and the Saints, enough so that when I hear Chris Bailey's voice I always imagine sitting around with the two of them and having a beer or ten. Obviously, that never happened, key word: imagine. When I heard the Saints today, I realized that's what it was. That was the criteria. If you can't imagine hanging with the band (or singer), fuck 'em. You probably shouldn't be listening to them anyway. Oh fuck. Now I really want to go get smashed with Sun Ra.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Saints - Wild About You mp3
at Internet Archive
The Saints - Lipstick On Your Collar mp3
at Internet Archive

1 comment:

Steve D. said...

This is the on-line radio station I listen to which plays a lot of Sun Ra, including "Nuclear War".