Thursday, August 25, 2022

FELA WINS. AGAIN.


I was listening to all sorts of African music tonight, looking through this cache that I had forgotten about, trying to find anything African with more punch than Fela Kuti. Even narrowing it down to Nigeria, bubkes. I know it's out there, I've heard some, just not tonight. A twelve minute jam by the master is quite good enough. Fuck yeah it is.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Fela Kuti - Zom 2mp3
at Internet Archive
Fela Kuti - Gentleman mp3
at Internet Archive
Fela Kuti - Suffering and Smiling mp3
at Internet Archive

2 comments:

Steve D. said...

In an amazing conjunction, another blog to which I subscribe has a current story about a certain music festival who featured somebody related.

Tom G. said...

what a coincidence! Hve you seen his other son? This is great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFSRCG4DrmI&feature=emb_logo