Monday, August 22, 2022

THE PRACTICALLY ANONYMOUS


Sometimes I don't know what music I need to hear until I hear it. It's not like being in the mood for a particular type of music. It's just 100% ambivalence. I click all over the damn place. It might seem like wasted effort, but the fruits of the wasted effort make it all the more worthwhile. For example, I run into Oasis (Part 1) by the Majestics. Okay, it's part one, so it's probably an instrumental. Click. Man this fucking drummer doesn't let up, there's bongos or a conga in there too. Two minutes of unadulterated wackiness, heavy on the drums and sax. I go hunting, find "Riding By" and it's more manic skin-beating with some proto-surf guitar and more blasting sax. Who the fuck are these guys? I'll report back if I find anything.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Majestics - Oasis (Pt 1) mp3
at Internet Archive
The Majestics - Riding By
(streaming) at YouTube

No comments: