Tuesday, July 19, 2022

IT'S PECKIN'


So, tonight I was on the beach after a dip in the ocean and I ran into a good friend and old roommate Kelly and her sister, Dena, both originally from Wisconsin. First topic of conversation: Dena's fresh score from the record store's 99¢ bin, the first Robert Gordon LP with Link Wray. She was jazzed about the Link Wray appearance. Heart be still. Let me just say this, when a women is excited about a Link Wray related score she has won bonus points. I already liked Dena, but this just made her even cooler. I mean, come on, you're fresh out of the water, on the beach talking Link Wray with two of the coolest people you know? Hard to beat. Of course yours truly had to point out that the lead songs on both sides of the LP were Billy Lee Riley covers and that his backing band included Jerry Lee Lewis. Sometimes I just can't help myself. It's been a while since I've posted Riley and this was the perfect excuse.  

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Billy Lee Riley - Flyin' Saucers Rock 'n' Roll mp3 at Rocky 52
Billy Lee Riley - Red Hot mp3
at Rocky 52
Billy Lee Riley - Is That All to the Hall (Mr. Ball) mp3
at Rocky 52
Billy Lee Riley - Rock With Me Baby mp3
at Internet Archive
Billy Lee Riley - I Want You Baby mp3
at Rocky 52

No comments: