Wednesday, July 27, 2022

I WOULD LAUNDER THEM.


I need to take a break from all this shit. There was a band called Pissed Jeans. I've posted about them before, describing them as a cross between the Germs, Flipper and post-Damaged Black Flag. I've been on a punk rock binge the last couple days and this fits right in as a copy of what 1980-ish punk rock sounded like decades earlier, on the West coast anyway. I'll post the OGs again in the future but I had to post Pissed Jeans because I didn't realize they were still together, at least they were as recently as March when they played SXSW. Seriously, these guys copy that era and those bands, particularly the Germs and Flipper, so well that you'd be tempted to call them a cover band. Hey, it's loud in the right way in the right places. I'm good with that. The video below was my first impression roughly eleven years ago. The lack of pizzazz is overwhelming.


1 comment:

espege said...

Remember reading your previous posts about the band but must have dismissed them (the band, not your posts). The cool name stuck but the songs didn't. No way can I have listened to "False Jesii part 2". Started off with the provided YT link this time. And, oh yessss! Noise and aggression, but with the groove I'd been missing earlier! Reminiscent (to me) of a couple of the lesser known (/noisier) "Grunge era" bands (Bastards/God Bullies/Jesus Lizard/Killdozer et.al.). Video's great too! Made my day!

PS. And yes, I got your e-mail, Tom!.. Reply pending!

:) espen