Thursday, June 30, 2022

FORGOT ABOUT THIS ONE


Here we go, Rockers, a film that has among it's cast Leroy Smart, Big Youth, Jacob Miller, Burning Spear, Gregory Isaacs and the star, Leroy "Horsemouth" Wallace. It's one of the few reggae films that has a plot. Like The Harder They Come released roughly six years earlier, it is technically fictional but you forget that. What is so absorbing about it is the environment, the street scenes and, obviously, music related scenes. It's a vintage (1978) look at the roots era of reggae at ground zero, that part is not fiction.

I was going to post some music, but you know what? There's a shitload on here, though some links are dead, there are a lot that aren't.


2 comments:

Steve D. said...

I have the soundtrack album on cassette. I can't remember if I have actually listened to it yet. X=S}

Tom G. said...

Don't feel bad. I have the soundtrack to Cool Runnings on cassette!