Sunday, June 5, 2022

BRUBECK, MID-HOT DOG PERIOD.


Dave Brubeck came to mind today. It was the first nice weekend day in a few weeks. Nice enough for the beach anyway. We have here what is referred to as "June gloom". Much of June is spent under cloudy skies on the coast, not as welcoming for a day at the beach. But today it was nice, warm enough that the cool breeze was welcoming, shitty surf but the water prematurely warm (66 F). I listened to the last few innings of an extra inning game (Padres won) and had a hot dog (reminded of the image above). Then I went in the water. It later occurred to me that, since I was listening to the game on a transistor radio, there wasn't anything concerning my day (or few hours) at the beach that couldn't have been done in 1959. So I did what I would have done in 1959. Once I got home, I put on Brubeck.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Dave Brubeck - Blue Rondo à la Turk mp3 at Internet Archive
Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five mp3 at Time Goes By
Video:
Dave Brubeck Quartet - Blue Rondo à la Turk at YouTube The bass drum makes it.
Visit:
See Inside Jazz Great Dave Brubeck's Groovy Connecticut Home at Town and Country "Groovy"? This headline writer is at the wrong gig.

No comments: