Wednesday, June 8, 2022

LOOK MA, NO SUITS!


I was never a huge fan of the Jam. When their first LP, In The City, came out I bought it. It was kinda sorta punk related and there were few punk LPs out at the time. Their suits bugged me, particularly their Union Jack suits. Puh-leeze. So fucking corny. It didn't help that, to set themselves apart from punks, they made a point to let everyone know that they were pro-Queen right about the time that the Sex Pistols released "God Save the Queen". Rag, rag, rag. But, they had a good sound, the guitar-bass-drums sounding an awful lot like the early Who. So I stuck it out until the second LP came out. When it did, gone were the suits, at least on the cover (cropped version above). I just listened to "The Modern World" for the first time in a very long time. I didn't listen to the lyrics too closely, but the music was fantastic for washing the dishes.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

No comments: