Wednesday, December 1, 2021

YOU NEVER FORGET YOUR FIRST


Those headphones (above) are the same make and model as the first headphones that entered our household when I was a kid. We didn't use them much because we were kids, we moved around too much. I remember my first full on headphone moment. The Edgar Winter Group's "Frankenstein", the longer LP version. There's a synthesizer part that went back and forth through my skull. Up to that point all my experiences with stereo were with musicians in stationary locations, without any fading back and forth. It was the first time I'd ever heard the song too. I was blown away.


Yesterday I revisited Cornelius's Fantasma LP. That's what triggered the Edgar Winter memory. Fantasma is made for headphones, a sonic trip practically swirling around you. I closed my eyes and it was like being underwater. That's high praise here. It really pretty amazing that it's from 1996. If you can't listen with headphones, make sure you're dead center between the speakers. And it's a good idea to listen to it all the way through.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Cornelius - Fantasma (Full Album)
(streaming) at YouTube

No comments: