Thursday, November 4, 2021

THE WHOLE PACKAGE


Oh man, I just revisited Al Green. The very first notes of "Here I Am" hooked me, changed my mood. The production is so fucking good I had to drag out an f-bomb just to tell you how good it is. Willie Mitchell was the producer, as he was for a lot of Al Green's hits. Obviously the songs are good and Green's voice is amazing, but the production just wraps around you. Check the intro to "Love and Happiness". If that doesn't suck you in it's your loss. Here's a few of Green's and two earlier cuts by Mitchell himself.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:
Al Green - Here I Am mp3
at Internet Archive
Al Green - Love and Happiness mp3
at Internet Archive
Al Green - Take Me to the River mp3
at Internet Archive
Willie Mitchell - Monkey Jump mp3
at The "B" Side
Willie Mitchell - Woodchopper's Ball mp3
at The "B" Side

No comments: